Tuesday, 29 April 2008

Nothing Happened

.
Over the last five days, none of the following things happened.

* I saw a person who represented America in a comedic and telling way
* I did something illegal in other countries
* I experienced something authentic which puzzled me by its very foreignness
* I had a unique insight into Principles, Universal & Domestic
* I was subject to irrational levels of uniformed and state-sponsored paranoia

I've pissed away a large chunk of my trip here in leathery-hidebound Florida Beach, doing little but sitting in my hotel room. Oh, sure, I've been down to the water a few times and had a look around South Beach, but for the most part I've hid from the locals in all their Cuban/Jewish glory and buried myself in internet-based abstractions.
I'm kind of over America. Three weeks seems to be about my saturation point, and I was feeling the glut in D.C. Right now I'm just looking forward to getting back home to Toronto and building some semblance of a normal life again, whatever that looks like.

No comments: